Last week we delivered food supplies to Foodstock (facebook.com/FoodstockCharity), an unbelievable foodbank charity, that supports financially struggling people and families across Belfast.
Continually rising prices combined with the extremely cold weather is forcing many to make the difficult choice between either eating or staying warm.
While dropping off, Foodstock told us that they are nowhere near to meeting the level of demand, founder Paul Doherty is currently working 7 days per week, providing incredible, hands-on support to the Belfast community.
Foodstock are severely short of supplies such as cereals, breakfast bars and biscuits for their newly formed kids breakfast club. The reality is that significant numbers of children are going to school hungry every day and being able to access a breakfast at Foodstock makes a massive difference to their lives.
Could you help?
There are a number of ways you can get involved below:
- Donating food supplies, in particular for the breakfast clubs, you can purchase individual cereal boxes from as little as £0.25p in bargain stores
- Add an extra couple of things to your weekly shop (pasta, sauces, tinned goods etc.) A member of our Belfast Amplifi Talent team can happily pick these up in the Belfast area for you and drop them up to Foodstock’s location, our contact details are listed below.
- Foodstock welcome direct donations or fundraising grants. They use these to purchase heating vouchers or put it towards food shopping for supplies
- Spread the word! Simply sharing Foodstock’s information on any of your social media platforms is a fantastic way to generate awareness and show support for the Charity
- Volunteer! There are so many opportunities to help out, including dropping off shopping to families, helping at coffee mornings or simply having a chat with community members which can help tackle loneliness or folks feeling isolated.
For more information or to get involved simply contact Antonia in our Belfast team on 07873314101 or email [email protected]